New Outage Texting Option is Now Available!
Members can now report outages via text message.
Enrolling in outage texting is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Text “PRECC” to 85700.
- You will receive a confirmation text verifying your enrollment. If your mobile number is not listed on your account, you will need to log in to the member portal to update your information or call your local Pennyrile Electric office.
- When you need to report an outage, text "out" to 85700. (Save 85700 in your contacts for easy reporting in the future.)
- Text "status" for updates during the outage.
- Once power has been restored, a text confirming the restoration will be sent to you.
- You can opt out at any time by texting “Stop” to 85700.
Don’t wait. Enroll today and be ready to text us the next time you are in the dark.
Outage texting is just another way Pennyrile Electric is making life better, the cooperative way.